2019-20 PVOnline Home Instruction Technician - PVOnline
PVOnline / Home Instruction Technician
12 months, 8 hours/day
Grade 15, $14.85/hour
Start Date: 7/1/2019
The job of PVOnline Home Instruction / PVOnline Technician is done for the purpose/s of supporting the PVOnline School and Home Instruction Program. This includes working with school personnel to assist in the management and implementation of Home Instruction. The Home Instruction / PVOnline Technician works closely with the Home Instruction Specialist in the discharge of assigned duties.
This job reports to the PVOnline Coordinator or assigned designee.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, and community.
- Process all front office needs and direct needs to appropriate people when needed.
- Communicate effectively with parents, school staff, and teachers as related to Home Instruction.
- Provide technical and resource assistance to all sites and employees (teachers) related to Home Instruction programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of state and district guidelines related to home instruction.
- Maintain communication with district departments related to student placement.
- Gather and compile data related to home instruction students, staff, and services.
- Maintain up-to-date digital records on Home Instruction students.
- Provide support and assistance with training and administration of required State testing.
- Maintain student and teacher records related to Home Instruction services.
- Process appropriate paperwork (timesheets, contact logs, mileage logs, attendance) from home instruction teachers.
- Generalized clerical duties.
- Manage a variety of tasks in a multi-faceted, fast-paced work environment.
- Provide back-up for PVOnline school office.
- Provide student reports as needed.
- Attends appropriate training and professional development.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a potential need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: preparing and maintaining accurate records; classifying data and/or information; using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: current generation office software.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use, job- related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data, utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with data of varied types and or purposes; and utilize specific job related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including: being attentive to detail, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; communicating with persons with diverse technical knowledge and skills; work in flexible shifts, including but not limited to, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays; maintaining confidentiality; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 10% walking, and 80% standing. The job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience: Job related experience is desired.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, additional trainings and/or certification.
Required Testing: Certificates and Licenses:
Continuing Educ./ Training: Clearances:
Criminal Background Clearance
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)