2018-19 Substitute - ESP
Substitute - ESP
The job of Substitute – ESP is done for the purpose of providing support to the instructional program within the school site in the absence of the regular ESP employee.
This job reports to the Site Administrator
- Maintains a positive learning environment for all students and a professional relationship with all staff in accordance with district policy.
- Communicates with administration, staff and/or parents for the purpose of conveying information.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting in ensuring a safe and positive learning environment.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings for the purpose of ensuring student compliance with established guidelines and maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student and staff records.
- Refers incidents including personal injuries, altercations, suspicious activities, rule violations, etc. to appropriate site personnel for the purpose of ensuring follow-up in accordance with administrative, site security and student safety guidelines.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Responds to a variety of situations (e.g. injured student, fights, vandalism, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety or security concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single tasks using existing skills. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to district policy, safety practices and procedures; operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; read and follow instructions; and understand written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: concepts of grammar and punctuation; stages of child development and learning styles; age appropriate activities; and school safety and security practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; and working as part of a team.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision in some cases; working with immediate supervision in some cases; leading, guiding and/or coordinating others.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking and 45% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience: Job related experience is not required, but preferable in clerical positions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing Certificates and Licenses
Continuing Educ./Training Clearances
Criminal Background Clearance
Salary: $11.00/hr (duty aide and crossing guard); $11.00/hr (clerical and para educator positions)
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)