2018-19 Website Marketing Specialist - District Administrative Center
Website Marketing Specialist (Reposted)
Location: District Administrative Center
12 months, 8 hours/day
Salary Range: 47,476.00-$62,438.00
Start Date: Immediately
This position will be responsible for oversight of the district websites, content editors, including content management system, district intranet site, maintenance, user experience, analytics, testing, best practices, training, and compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1. as stipulated by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and executing a variety of online marketing initiatives in support of district marketing initiatives, including but not limited to, paid social media advertising campaigns, SEO and SEM campaigns and quarterly analysis of all web and marketing initiatives.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Develops, maintains and enforces website standards and best practices including those outlined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Section 508.
- Responsible for working with internal stakeholders to evaluate and approve content requests and provide constructive suggestions to ensure content strategy site-wide adheres to standards and best practices.
- Develops creative and effective solutions to problems and challenges.
- Collaborate with District vendor partners, as well as a variety of staff including faculty regarding website content and functionality.
- Provide strategic guidance, training, best practices to content editors to help support their school marketing objectives.
- Develop and implement online marketing initiatives including paid search marketing and organic optimization in alignment with marketing objectives to promote the District’s programs and services on the web.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including content editors, etc. to drive improvements to the District and Sub-brand websites—home page, subsite pages,, online catalogs, brochures, navigation, banners, landing pages, etc.
- Implement web marketing initiatives geared towards maximizing website traffic, promoting awareness, and supporting District enrollment and retention efforts.
- Absorb all aspects of brand marketing including business needs, target demographics, marketing focus, brand identity and quarterly/yearly/future goals.
- Design and implement site branding in alignment with District brand identity guidelines, and design new pages (landing pages, etc.) that provide a superior user experience and adhere to architecture and compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)0 and 2.1.
- Work collaboratively with marketing & communications staff to develop and implement innovative uses of new digital technology and help support other tasks as needed.
- Oversees all web-related activities for the Marketing & Communications team including district-wide web initiatives.
- Maintain all content on the district site and create new web pages and maintain existing applicable pages in support of district marketing initiatives.
- Create wireframe designs for landing pages and page components that achieve site and campaign objectives, in coordination with brand needs, marketing direction, usability and user experience standards and advanced web concepts and emerging technologies.
- Oversee the development of website documentation, tutorials and training materials.
- Facilitate annual content management (CMS) training for content editors as necessary.
- Ensure support for the publication of video, slideshow and photographic content on the website.
- Ensure best practices and quality standards in digital communications includes content; conduct regular quality and audit reviews to ensure that all school website pages meet the district’s quality, branding and accessibility policies regarding online content and functionality.
- Develop and manage regular reporting and tracking of web and marketing analytics; provide recommendations for improvement and flag any issues requiring attention.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in website management, content management systems including Drupal and WordPress, online web marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years managing paid campaigns on Facebook and Google (Paid Search and Display).
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing large Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of marketing copywriting skills and experience generating keyword-rich content.
- Experience using cloud-based tools such as Google tools.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with HTML & CSS skills and content management systems.
- Advanced level of experience using digital imaging, illustration and multimedia software.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, etc.
- Keen sense of typography, and color.
- Basic digital photography skills as they relate to online/digital communications.
- Proven track record of delivering projects and assignments at or beyond expectations, and on deadline.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a strong ability to pivot quickly when the need arises.
- Able to manage numerous projects at the same time in fast-paced environment, while retaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively with content editors with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the highest degree of accuracy.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and excellent initiative, enthusiasm and assertiveness.
- Positive demeanor, ability to learn and share new concepts to improve ROI, and possesses excellent professional judgment.
- Ability to monitor and implement latest industry trends as applicable to the role including frequent search engine updates.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with HTML & CSS skills and experience working with a variety of content management systems including open source systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Background in K-12 education, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SEM strategies including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) standards and web analytics.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation systems, preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge with Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Ability is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; and working with detailed information.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; providing information and/or advising others; utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. And significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 60% sitting, 20% walking and 20% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience: Job related experience is desired.
Education: Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year university in digital media/online web marketing, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Google AdWords certification preferred.
Required Testing: Certificates and Licenses:
Continuing Educ./ Training: Clearances:
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status - Exempt
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)