VIP-Volunteer In Paradise
Thank you for applying to be a VIP! You have chosen an award winning program in which volunteers are recruited to provide one-on-one and small group instruction to students. This is not an volunteer application for parents of children attending PVSchools. Rather, the VIP program seeks community members wishing to mentor and tutor struggling students unrelated to them.
As a VIP you receive the training to become an effective, confident tutor and the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in children’s lives. You are matched with a teacher and student for an entire school year to provide reading and/or math intervention. For more details including a list of participating schools please go to https://www.pvschools.net/VIP
Follow these three simple steps to become a VIP:
- Complete online application
- Obtain fingerprint (unnecessary if you have a active fingerprint card)
- Sign up for VIP Orientation at: https://www.pvschools.net/VIP
Choose from two ways to obtain fingerprints:
- FIELDPRINT: 3217 E. Shea Boulevard in Phoenix
Fingerprint results obtained from Fieldprint typically take 2 weeks, require an appointment and a $74 fee. https://fieldprintarizona.com
- PVUSD: 15002 N. 32nd Street in Phoenix Fingerprint results typically take 6-8 weeks. Fingerprinting hours are Tuesdays & Thursdays 10-11 AM. It is free of cost but donations are accepted. Applicants will receive an email notice upon approval.
An approved application does not guarantee approval of a volunteer opportunity. The PVUSD Volunteer in Paradise Coordinator reserves the right for final discretion.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)